Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2015/11/13 09:33:15 UTC

Updates done to CC configuration does not get reflected in spinning new instances

Hi Devs,

$subject.

This is happening because after initial information model is built
(IaasProvider object), it does not get re-built to detect any changes. The
mail thread [1] also describes a similar issue, where if we do not specify
image id in cloud-controller.xml, the instance not spawning in the selected
partition.

As a fix we can do the following:

   - When an instance need to be spawned, build a new IaasProvider object
   with the latest available configurations, and the caching the object in the
   maps
   - Consider the following order in building the IaasProvider object:
      1. IaaS provider information defined in cloud-controller.xml
      2. IaaS provider information defined in cartridge definition

This ordering will ensure that any information defined in the
cloud-controller.xml can be overridden by information in the cartridge
definition.

WDYT?
[1]. [EC2] Removing the Image Id from CC Results in instances Spinning in
Wrong Zones

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: Updates done to CC configuration does not get reflected in spinning new instances

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Committed an integration test to verify the scenario of IaaS properties
getting properly picked and overridden when spawning instances. Commit
ids: 28e65f2bf9c9b2f8f62173160b773368ac3b88f1
and 516609907b76b0078c0b0eef0c768793a8239720.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Akila,

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Isuru,