Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov> on 2009/10/03 01:29:16 UTC

installing src or javadoc into local repository

I apologize for the naive question in advance.  I have installed an
external jar file into my local repository--very easy.  The jar file
was built using ant as part of a third-party project.  I would now
like to add the source and/or the javadocs to my local repository,
also.  I have the source (in src/java/....) and can generate the
javadoc.  How can I install these files into my local repository (so
that I have the equivalent of the "download sources and javadocs")?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: installing src or javadoc into local repository

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Check this
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/m2eclipse-mojo.html#downloadSources

2009/10/21 Lewis, Eric <Er...@ipi.ch>

> Yes, m2eclipse can do that: You can right click on the dependency and
> choose to download the sources.
> However, I don't know whether you can do that for all dependencies at once.
>
> Best regards,
> Eric

Alexander

AW: installing src or javadoc into local repository

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.
Not quite the answer to your question, but mvn dependency:sources will download all available source jars for a project's dependencies (including transitive dependencies). There's no dependency:javadocs AFAIK, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to do (based on the source of the sources mojo).

Justin

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true  -DdownloadJavadocs=true
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/examples/attach-library-sources.html

Kalle

Posted by jpswain <jp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Davis <se...@gmail.com>.