Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by veeras <ve...@indts.com> on 2001/01/15 07:24:23 UTC

problem with

Hi all,
    I am using Cocoon1.8 on Apache1.3.12 with Tomcat3.1.1 on Solaris 2.7.
    While i am trying to use JNDI classes in my XSP page, Cocoon is not able
to findout it, saying ClassNotFoundException.
    [ Pls. note, i included all the JNDI related jars in the CLASSPATH, and
I used <xsp:include> tags to import JNDI package in my XSP page].

    But If I gave full path for the JNDI class  without mentioning it in the
<xsp:include> tag, Cocoon was able to find out the class without fail.
    [ Example :
                Hashtable env;

                javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext ctx = new
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext(env);

     ] ---> working fine.

   [ Example :
                <xsp:structure>

<xsp:include>javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext<xsp:include>
                </xsp:structure>

                Hashtable env;

                InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);

     ] ---> not working, throwing ClassNotFoundException

    pls.help me to solve this problem

    Thanks in advance
    - - - - - - -

Rajkumar

Re: problem with

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, veeras wrote:

>     I am using Cocoon1.8 on Apache1.3.12 with Tomcat3.1.1 on Solaris 2.7.
>     While i am trying to use JNDI classes in my XSP page, Cocoon is not able
> to findout it, saying ClassNotFoundException.
>     [ Pls. note, i included all the JNDI related jars in the CLASSPATH, and
> I used <xsp:include> tags to import JNDI package in my XSP page].
>
>     But If I gave full path for the JNDI class  without mentioning it in the
> <xsp:include> tag, Cocoon was able to find out the class without fail.
>     [ Example :
>                 Hashtable env;
>
>                 javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext ctx = new
> javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext(env);
>
>      ] ---> working fine.
>
>    [ Example :
>                 <xsp:structure>
>
> <xsp:include>javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext<xsp:include>
>                 </xsp:structure>

make sure your xsp:structure element is a child of your xsp:page element.

- donald