Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rania Khalaf <rk...@watson.ibm.com> on 2002/08/06 20:28:50 UTC

Can't deploy with type mapping

Hi,
I can't get anything with a custom type mapping deployed.
Please help.

I am in W2K, with Axis Beta 3 and Tomcat 4.0.4, and JDK1.3.1_04.
I've been trying to migrate some examples from Alpha 3 to
Beta 3, and it's  been a dead-end.

I noticed a couple of other people had this problem
but no reasonable reply as yet. Houman had it
working on one machine, but not on another and it
seems to have broken again shortly after that with
some other errors.

Perhaps I am missing something here. I'd really appreciate any
ideas.

Here's what i'm trying to use: deploy.wsdd:

<deployment name="test"
xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

 <service name="urn:jromtypes" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className"

             value="samples.jromalltypes.TestTypesService"/>
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="testString"/>
  <typeMapping qname="ns:string"

              xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
              type="java:com.ibm.jrom.JROMStringValue"

serializer="samples.axisBeta3.JROMAxisSerializerFactory"
deserializer="samples.axisBeta3.JROMAxisDeserializerFactory"

encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
 </service>

</deployment>

Java service: (in package: samples.jromalltypes.TestTypesService)

public class TestTypesService {

  public JROMStringValue testString (JROMStringValue var) {
    System.out.println("testString: value: " + var.getValue());
    return var;
}

After I deploy with :

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deployme.wsdd

(I also tried .../servlet/AxisServlet instead of services/AdminService
and
got nowhere).

and then go to the admin site, and try to look at the wsdl of the
service, or just try to call the client I get:

Fault - java.lang.NullPointerException
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
	stackTrace: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.createOperationForMethod(ServiceDesc.java:789)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.createOperationsForName(ServiceDesc.java:719)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.getSyncedOperationsForName(ServiceDesc.java:699)

****NOTE: I tried JDK 1.4 and it got much worse:

- Processing file deploy.wsdd
- Exception:
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection
abort: JVM_re
cv in socket input stream read
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection
abort:
JVM_recv in socket input stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:116)
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
        at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.j
ava:709)