Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ragavan Thiru <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/02 20:42:01 UTC

Make CXF 3.0 services visible between multiple web applications

Hi all,

I have service A in web app A and service B in web app B. Both installed in
the same web server. I am trying to communicate service B from service A
through local transport. But when I try it gives, "No MessageObserver found
on local://test"

I think this is because two web apps are loaded by different class loaders
and services are bound to particular cxf bus. How to overcome this?

T.Ragavan.

RE: Make CXF 3.0 services visible between multiple web applications

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

Yes, the reason of this is that your client and service are loaded in different CXF Buses and doesn't see each other.
The simple solution is to place CXF jars in shared lib folder and share the bus between client and service.
More sophisticated solution is to provide a custom transport and shared core that supports registration and lookup of Destinations (for example using JNDI). You can find some discussions regarding this topic in this thread http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Repackaging-of-cxf-api-to-remove-Spring-dependencies-td5743531.html .

Regards,
Andrei.