Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/04/14 10:46:25 UTC

Mavenize ourselves...

Gang,

Since we are using Maven, I suggest that we use it to the fullest and not some
kind of "Ant++"...

In particular, the goals
   jar:deploy
   dist:deploy
   site:deploy
are pretty powerful if it is only setup properly.

http://avalon.apache.org/maven-plugins/versioning

was generated and uploaded with a single
   maven site:deploy

No manual hassle required.

For the site we would;
1. Not have the generated site in the CVS .
2. Not have a daemon on the server that checks out the site all the time.
3. Have instant deployment of documentation updates.
4. Need to be very specific about the "<siteDirectory>" in project.xml's
5. Everyone who wants to do the deploy needs to specifiy
        maven.username=niclas
        user.name=Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org>
    in their ~/build.properties file.

WDYT?