Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "KOTA, KUMAR (SBCSI)" <kk...@sbc.com> on 2004/11/23 01:21:29 UTC

Keystore and TrustStore

Hi,

   This is more of a features question, but I was wondering if
httpclient somehow can handle a keystore and truststore when making
secure SSL connections?

Thank you,
Kumar

Re: Keystore and TrustStore

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Kumar,

Have a look at the AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory.java?rev=1.1.2.1&only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH&view=markup

This may be exactly what you want

Oleg

Re: Keystore and TrustStore

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Kumar,

The keystore and truststore are functions of JSSE, which HttpClient
uses for SSL connections.  Please have a look at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/sslguide.html> for
more details about using SSL with HttpClient.

Mike