Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <Sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/07/29 13:38:32 UTC

Directories and Files structure for sub applications

	Does anyone have a best practices suggestion for how to organize the
directory and files structure
	for a Struts application composed of  sub applications?
	Where the different strus-config files, application resources files,
common JSP views have to be placed ?
	Thanks a lot.

Re: Directories and Files structure for sub applications

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
 > 	Does anyone have a best practices suggestion for how to organize the
 > directory and files structure
 > 	for a Struts application composed of  sub applications?

I don't know if there is a best practices yet.
Here is what I have done.

Our source tree looks much like the struts source tree

src/
    java/
    test/

web/
    portal/
module/
    catalog/  <----- application module (sub-app)
         src/
            java/
            test/
         web/
            portal/
                catalog/
                WEB-INF/
                   struts-catalog.xml
                   tld/
                      catalog.tld

So the modules tends to be grouped together.

What we really need though is a generic build-module.xml
I started to modify the struts build-webapp.xml a few
months ago, but never had time to finish it.