Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/04/27 15:02:34 UTC

Wperm² Riot's only problem with dataset?

Hello list,

Using latest release of Fuseki-0.2.0, I loaded in my own RDF dataset using thwe following command

lewis@lewis-desktop:~/Fuseki-0.2.0$ ./fuseki-server --file=section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl /section6

This loads in fine(ish), however as Andy previously pointed out, some non-ASCII characters within the dataset are limiting portability and I get the following output

13:53:28 INFO  Fuseki               :: Dataset: in-memory: load file: section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl
13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W136} Relative URIs are not permitted in RDF: specifically <section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl>
13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in a namespace URI may not be completely portable: <http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWhereParametersForColumnADoNotApplyWperm²>. Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in a namespace URI may not be completely portable: <http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWperm²>. Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in a namespace URI may not be completely portable: <http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumIndividualElementUvalueWperm²>. Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
13:53:28 INFO  Fuseki               :: Read-only server
13:53:28 INFO  Fuseki               :: Fuseki 0.2.0
13:53:28 INFO  Fuseki               :: Jetty 7.x.y-SNAPSHOT
13:53:28 INFO  Fuseki               :: Dataset = /section6
13:53:28 INFO  Fuseki               :: Started 2011/04/27 13:53:28 BST on port 3030
13:54:11 INFO  Fuseki               :: [1] GET http://localhost:3030/section6
13:54:11 INFO  Fuseki               :: [1] 400 No query string
console

with control-panel.jsp showing as below when I attempt to enter the control panel to form queries
Error 404: Not Found

Fuseki - version 0.2.0 (Date: 2011-04-21T10:29:50+0100)
Have the riot's above only to do with the non-ASCII characters, as these can be easily changed. Luckily these appear to be the only instances of possible riot's which I have within my dataset.
Thanks for any help

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

RE: Wperm² Riot's only problem with dataset?

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Hi Andy/Paolo,

> Warnings do not stop data being loaded.  They are just "helpful" messages.
>
> I don't know what the state of full IRI handling in other systems but
> "Wperm²" may get you into trouble, even if correct.

I am rewriting these IRI's to remove the non-ASCII figures, this will remove these problems.

>> with control-panel.jsp showing as below when I attempt to enter the
>> control panel to form queries
>> Error 404: Not Found
>
> I suspect this is something else.
>
> Did you see the datasset in the control panel to select?

>It happened to me as well. :-)

I am now experiencing no control panel option when I boot up the Fuseki server and navigate to http://localhost:3030. I have tried various commands. Even the one on the wiki [1] is failing to display a control panel!!!
[1] ./fuseki-server --update --mem /dataset

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Lewis,
>
>> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W136} Relative URIs are not
>> permitted in RDF: specifically<section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl>
>> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in
>> a namespace URI may not be completely
>> portable:<http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWhereParametersForColumnADoNotApplyWperm²>.
>> Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
>> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in
>> a namespace URI may not be completely
>> portable:<http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWperm²>.
>> Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
>> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in
>> a namespace URI may not be completely
>> portable:<http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumIndividualElementUvalueWperm²>.
>> Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
>
> Warnings do not stop data being loaded.  They are just "helpful" messages.
>
> I don't know what the state of full IRI handling in other systems but
> "Wperm²" may get you into trouble, even if correct.
>

>> with control-panel.jsp showing as below when I attempt to enter the
>> control panel to form queries
>> Error 404: Not Found
>
> I suspect this is something else.
>
> Did you see the datasset in the control panel to select?

It happened to me as well. :-)

> (You can't jump straight to the query form as it knows the dataset your
> working on - suggestions on better design of HTML forms welcome)

Fuseki SPARQL endpoints follow all this pattern:
http://{host}:{port}/{dataset}/{data|query|update}

Why not to serve JSP and/or HTML pages which act on a specific
dataset via: http://{host}:{port}/{dataset}/sparql.jsp?
If at all possible (I haven't tried yet).

Paolo

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.
Lewis,

> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W136} Relative URIs are not permitted in RDF: specifically<section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl>
> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in a namespace URI may not be completely portable:<http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWhereParametersForColumnADoNotApplyWperm²>. Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in a namespace URI may not be completely portable:<http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumAreaWeightedAverageUvalueForAllElementsOfTheSameTypeWperm²>. Resulting RDF URI references are legal.
> 13:53:28 WARN  riot                 :: {W124} Non-ascii characters in a namespace URI may not be completely portable:<http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/11/section6energydomestic2010.owl#hasMaximumIndividualElementUvalueWperm²>. Resulting RDF URI references are legal.

Warnings do not stop data being loaded.  They are just "helpful" messages.

I don't know what the state of full IRI handling in other systems but
"Wperm²" may get you into trouble, even if correct.

> with control-panel.jsp showing as below when I attempt to enter the control panel to form queries
> Error 404: Not Found

I suspect this is something else.

Did you see the datasset in the control panel to select?

(You can't jump straight to the query form as it knows the dataset your
working on - suggestions on better design of HTML forms welcome)

> Fuseki - version 0.2.0 (Date: 2011-04-21T10:29:50+0100)
> Have the riot's above only to do with the non-ASCII characters, as these can be easily changed. Luckily these appear to be the only instances of possible riot's which I have within my dataset.
> Thanks for any help
>
> Lewis

	Andy