Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/28 15:40:23 UTC

[VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Hi community,

We discussed about renaming org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer to
something else because it makes many people confuse from NIO
ByteBuffer.  Many names were suggested, and it seems like we didn't
reach to the consensus, so here goes the vote.

Please refer to the following archive page to get some help for
reconsidering your decision before you vote:

http://www.nabble.com/New-name-for-ByteBuffer--tf4471037s16868.html

[ ]: Buffer
[ ]: ByteBuffer
[ ]: DataBuffer
[ ]: ExtendedBuffer
[ ]: ExtendedByteBuffer
[ ]: IoBuffer
[ ]: IoDataBuffer
[ ]: MinaBuffer
[ ]: MinaByteBuffer
[ ]: OctetBuffer

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Raman Gupta <ro...@fastmail.fm>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/29/07, Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [X]: IoBuffer
>
> because it's gonna win :-)

Go! :D

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
> [X]: IoBuffer

because it's gonna win :-)

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/28/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [X]: IoBuffer

It's short! :D

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
> [X]: MinaByteBuffer

Because it's understandable :)

Julien

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
[X]: MinaByteBuffer

Posted by Marcin Waldowski <M....@sulechow.net>.
[x]: IoBuffer

Regards, Marcin

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by bershath <tw...@gmail.com>.
[X ]: ExtendedByteBuffer

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Cameron Taggart <ca...@gmail.com>.
[X]: IoBuffer

Because is consistent with the rest of the API.

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.
MinaByteBuffer since it extends from ByteBuffer. New ByteBuffer just a
utility of Mina and nothing do with core.

Posted by Jannie Pieterse <pe...@gmail.com>.
[X]: MinaByteBuffer

RE: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by "Irving, Dave" <da...@bankofamerica.com>.

[X]: IoBuffer

Dave

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Matthew Phillips <ma...@mattp.name>.
[X]: IoBuffer

It's consistent, short, and meaningful.

Matthew.

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com>.
IoBuffer

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.
[X]: IoBuffer

--
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Let me close the vote now.  The result will be posted very soon.

Cheers,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 9/28/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > [X]: MinaBuffer

I like MinaBuffer.

Alex

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> [X]: IoBuffer
> [X]: MinaBuffer

I like both of them equally.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] New name for org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer

Posted by hezjing <he...@gmail.com>.
[X ]: ExtendedBuffer

--

Hez