Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Shubh Sharma <sh...@unb.ca> on 2020/10/16 20:57:50 UTC

Physical Query Plan Generation

Hello,

I am new to Apache Calcite API and am looking to generate physical query plans for SQL queries using Calcite API. Could someone guide me on which classes and methods to use for achieving this? It would be great if I can be redirected to an existing code repository that does this already, as an example.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Shubh

Re: Physical Query Plan Generation

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shubh,

I think some test cases in Calcite would help you a lot. For example, you
can refer to TopDownOptTest to see how it works.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/core/src/test/java/org/apache/calcite/test/TopDownOptTest.java

Best,
Chunwei