Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Chad Perkins <cp...@proteus8.com> on 2020/10/13 17:10:32 UTC

Apache Spot Installation Question

I have been following apache spot for the past few months and really excited for the possibilities that Spot can provide.

I wanted to ask a few questions and begin to get involved in the project.  I am not really knowledgeable on Hadoop yet, still learning.  My background is in Cyber Security and Network Security.

Questions I have for you are:

  1.  Is Cloudera a requirement for Apache Spot, can Hadoop clusters be built manually as the requirements on the website state, or do we have to use Cloudera to provide the Spot solution?  I understand its much longer to deploy Hadoop without Cloudera.

  1.  Does any one have a good installation document that they have used to deploy Apache Spot step by step?  I would like to help the group by installing from a non-Hadoop background perspective and provide feedback on my installation journey.  If no documents are available besides the website, I will follow it and provide the documentation back as to how we get it working.

Thank you for any feedback and assistance we get in beginning this journey with Apache Spot.

Chad