Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/06 22:46:54 UTC

Common way for deploying isis apps

Hi all,

I was wondering what is the most common way for running isis apps?
I know while developing I can use jetty plugin or the WebServer
classes, but what about for running it on other environments?

For my semat app I have used the .war file in a tomcat instance. And
ll that in a docker container.
You can see my pom.xml used for building docker container and running
at [1] and the demo app running at [2]

Also noticed that with tomcat 9 the app was throwing lot's of errors
with some not allowed cookie values, so moved back to tomcat 7.

Is anyone running isis w/o a web container, as standalone Java app?
How do you package the app in the case?

[1] https://github.com/bibryam/semat/blob/master/pom.xml
[2] http://semat.ofbizian.com/

Cheers,

--
Bilgin Ibryam
Camel Committer at ASF & Integration Architect at Red Hat

Camel Design Patterns https://leanpub.com/camel-design-patterns
Instant Apache Camel Message Routing http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783283475

Re: Common way for deploying isis apps

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Even easier... 1.13.2.1 of the simpleapp archetype now has docker support.
If that's your thang.  It's the way we're headed with Estatio, at least.

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>.
Hi Willie.

Posted by Willie Loyd Tandingan <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
Hi Bilgin,

We are deploying the .war to Tomcat 8 instances. We are investigating
Docker and Fabric8 for our CD platform.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.