Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nancy Crisostomo Martinez <na...@correo.uqroo.mx> on 2002/02/07 21:52:11 UTC

Re: WEB-INF/classes

Anja,
If you are using Tomcat 3.3 you need to create an XML file (apps-applicationname.xml) where you have to declare the new context where your WEB-INF directory is...
Otherwise, if you are using Tomcat 3.2 or less, you have to modify the server.xml file using the new Context entry.

Is something like this:

<Context path="/applicationname"
               docBase="webapps/applicationname"
              crossContext="false"
                debug="0"
                reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Hope this help you..

Re: WEB-INF/classes

Posted by Nancy Crisostomo Martinez <na...@correo.uqroo.mx>.
Anja, I'm not sure, but I know that Tomcat 3.3 and later have a similar
behavior.

So the only thing you have to do is to create the apps-contextname.xml
file and put it on tomcat-path/conf  directory:

The xml file is like this:

<webapps>
    <Context path="/contextname"
            docBase="webapps/contextname"
            debug="0"
            reloadable="true" >
  </Context>
</webapps>

If you want to can check the apps-examples.xml file that gives you a hint
of this...:-)

Nancy.

Re: WEB-INF/classes

Posted by Anja Falkner <an...@fimedia.de>.