Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/07/12 21:35:47 UTC

auto-generated emails

Hi,

I was wondering how everyone felt about the volume of auto-generated emails
on this list. Looks like multiple emails are generated and sent to everyone
on the list even for relatively smaller actions such as commenting on a
pull request, one from git, another from JIRA etc.

Understanding that there is a need for openness, how about finding a
balance. Here are some ideas. I do not know if all of these are technically
feasible.

1. An email is sent to all in the list when a new pull request is created
or merged but email notifications for back and forth comments during the
review are only sent to participants in that particular pull request.
2. Similar process as above with JIRA. If someone is interested in all the
updates to JIRA, including those that come from the pull request, they can
add themselves to the watch list for that particular JIRA.

Thanks

Re: auto-generated emails

Posted by Sanjay Pujare <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
Strong +1 from me as well (both points 1&2).

Re: auto-generated emails

Posted by David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: auto-generated emails

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.