Posted to user@flink.apache.org by srikanth flink <fl...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/25 06:55:14 UTC

Explain time based windows

Hi,

I'm trying to join a dynamic table and static(periodic batch update) table
using:
SELECT K.* FROM KafkaSource AS K, BadIP AS B WHERE K.sourceip = B.bad_ip
AND B.b_proctime BETWEEN K.k_proctime - INTERVAL '65' MINUTE AND
K.k_proctime + INTERVAL '5' MINUTE.

Note, KafkaSource is a dynamic table, BadIP is a static table. Data rate is
2.2G every 1 minute.
1) Help me understand the query wrt the time intervals.
2) Would there be a possibility duplicate data or changes of missing data
due to time intervals?
3) Would Flink evict the older records less than the time interval defined?

Thanks
Srikanth