Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Bernardo Elayda <be...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/15 07:06:02 UTC

Having trouble accessing couchdb via curl

Hi,
I'm using couchdb v 0.10 on Ubuntu 9.10.

Access to couchdb via a browser or driver(couchdbkit) is fine.  But, I
want to be able to access it via curl.  Everytime I try to do this via
an url which works in my browser, I
alwasy get 'connection refused'.

iptables are totally opened. I've also turned it off.  No change.
When I checked for errors(sudo -u couchdb couchdb), there are no
errors.  "netstat -tap tcp" indicates that port 5894 is open and listening.

Is there anything else I can do to get curl to work with couchdb 0.10?

tia,
Bernardo

Re: Having trouble accessing couchdb via curl

Posted by Pavan Kumar <tv...@gmail.com>.
I head couchdb runs on different port for each user in Ubuntu because of
ubuntuOne

Run "netstat -tanup" to check where couch is listening to.

Posted by Brian Candler <B....@pobox.com>.