Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shlomi Afia <Sh...@whale-com.com> on 2001/08/14 19:12:36 UTC

problems with "carriage return" and "line feed"

Hi all,

I have a XML file with a text section inside. The text section contains \r\n
characters. I parsed the file with a DOMParser object and than convert the
DOM_Document I got, back to text. The text I got was without \r, just \n.
I know that the problem is in the DOMParser. For some reason it removes any
\r from the XML.
Is there a way to 'tell' the parser not to remove the \r character?
I'm using xerces version 1.3.0.

thanks,
Shlomi.