Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 01:35:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Tamaya 0.1-incubating

Can you please shortly review this mail for the vote?
Thanks!
Anatole

Hi,

We are glad to announce that the first release of Apache Tamaya is
ready for vote.
The artifacts are deployed to Nexus [1] (and [2]).

The tag is available at [3].

Please take a look at the artifacts and vote!

Please note:
This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes (see [4]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
released, and why..............

Anatole Tresch

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetamaya-1001/org/apache/tamaya/tamaya-distribution/0.1-incubating/tamaya-distribution-0.1-incubating-distribution-bin.tar.gz
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetamaya-1001/org/apache/tamaya/tamaya-distribution/0.1-incubating/tamaya-distribution-0.1-incubating-distribution-src.tar.gz
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/tree/0.1-incubating
[4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

--
*Anatole Tresch*
Java Engineer & Architect, JSR Spec Lead

*Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1*
*Twitter:  @atsticks*
*Blogs: **http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/
<http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/>*

*Google: atsticksMobile  +41-76 344 62 79*

RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tamaya 0.1-incubating

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> I dropped the current release repo today and will recreate/redeploy it
> later. The current 0.1-incubating tag/branch also now contains s few
> documentation updates necessary to release some of the tickets targeting
> 0.1 as well as a readme folder with a release notes file, synched with the
> jira issues. No code changes ;)

we shouldnt update tags - not an issue for this one but for future we
should try to not do it even if it is allowed by the SCM.

> I think this had to be done in all cases, so it made sense to update things
> so people look at an appropriate version.
>
> So the only thing missing now is to redeploy for staging. Since we know
> things will close properly on nexus we may even do the internal vote
> without having it staged to nexus. That I would be able to initiate even
> with limited access from my bank working place later today.
> I will then redeploy it to nexus tonight and we will be ready for the
> incubator pmc (unless of course updates are needed on the current stage)
> soon and be hopefully able to start the incubator vote until end of this
> week the latest :)
>
> Wdyt?

+1000, thanks a lot Anatole!

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.