Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/23 19:42:34 UTC

Webservice as a proxy

Hello:

I need to develop a new SOAP webservice that acting as a proxy, calling to
another SOAP webservice
The new SOAP webservice publish an interface completely different than the
old one.

I newbie in these matters, so I've got 2 questions:

- are there a general way to do this by using Apache CXF ( 2.7.3 ) ?
 I can to develop a webservice that contains a client to the older, but I
would like to know if there is another way more general

- the old webservice uses WS-Adressing .
Can I retrieve that information from incoming message and redirect it to
the old one ?
WS Addressing is used by CXF runtime to address the message/actions , so I
don't know if this is possible ...

Thanks and regards

Re: Webservice as a proxy

Posted by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
I'll take a look .
I wouldn't know Apache Camel but what I'm reading about it, I like it

But I will consider your option and , if it's easier and robust, I'll  use
it

RE: Webservice as a proxy

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

Re: Webservice as a proxy

Posted by Jose María Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much. Very interesting and powerful

I guess that it's not necessary that both webservice share WSDL, so you
need to define some "enrichbean" ( example terminology)  to create a new
Document to pass the final webservice and transform the response .
Do you have any sample about a CXF proxy that creates new requests/respones
?

Regards

Re: Webservice as a proxy

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.