Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu> on 2005/07/12 12:12:29 UTC

Re: web.xml breaks EL

Dewitte Rémi wrote:

>Hi !
>I have a simple test jsp :
><%@ taglib
>		uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
>		prefix="c" %>
><c:forEach begin="1" end="3" var="ind">
>	<h${ind}> ${ind}aBaa</h${ind}>
></c:forEach>
>
>When I delete my web.xml, everything works well but when I reload the context
>with it, the EL replacement doesn't work.
>I can't see why.
>
>I have a very simple web.xml :
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
><!DOCTYPE web-app
>  PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
>  "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

This is web.xml for a Servlet 2.2 specification and you need 2.4:

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd" version="2.4">

Nix.

Re: web.xml breaks EL

Posted by Dewitte Rémi <re...@gide.net>.
Thanks very much !
Rémi

Re: Http Refferer

Posted by Oscar Mechanic <os...@ufomechanic.net>.
Yes apologies of coarse you are right but in this scenario It is a link
from a different site.

Re: Http Refferer

Posted by Charles Meier <cm...@peerpro.net>.

Re: Http Refferer

Posted by Oscar Mechanic <os...@ufomechanic.net>.
Thanks I will conclude that the REFERER is not a reliable source of info
so cannot be used.

Re: Http Refferer

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.
Oscar Mechanic wrote:

> Why would it get a null ? Every page has a referrer.

Simply not true -- a page accessed by having the URL hand-typed into
a browser's address field has no referer. And PC anti-virus software
frequently *blocks* sending a referer header regardless...

                           dream.  code.

Re: Http Refferer

Posted by Oscar Mechanic <os...@ufomechanic.net>.
Well
     String referer = req.getHeader("Referer");
     Log.say("INTERNALE: referer is ["+referer+"]");
     Date d = new Date( );
     Log.say("INTERNALE: ["+d+"] Dumping HTTP header START");
     Enumeration e = req.getHeaderNames( );
     while(e.hasMoreElements()){
        String name = (String)e.nextElement();
        String value = req.getHeader(name);
        Log.say("INTERNAL: name ["+name+"] value ["+value+"]");
     }
     Log.say("INTERNALE: ["+d+"] Dumping HTTP header END");
   }

Should get the Referer

But it gets a null

Http Refferer