Posted to users@directory.apache.org by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com> on 2015/05/28 20:13:29 UTC

Password Policy Enforced for admin user

I'm running in to a strange issue. I have two separate servers running the
official 2.0.0-M20 release. In one instance I can change the password to
anything I want (including the same password) when I bind to the
connection using the built in admin user (dn=uid=admin,ou=system). In
another instance running the same version of the 2.0.0-M20 release, that
exact same operation (again bound as admin user) results in the following
error: invalid reuse of password present in password history

It should never enforce the password policy for the admin user, correct?
Any idea what could be causing it to enforce the policy in one M20
instance and not the other?

Thanks!

Re: Password Policy Enforced for admin user

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:40 PM, David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>
wrote:

> > Bug created:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2067
> >

> Will this bug be fixed in the next release?

yes, certainly

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Password Policy Enforced for admin user

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.
> can you file a bug, I will take a look.
>
> thank you

Bug created:

Re: Password Policy Enforced for admin user

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
David,

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.