Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Cooper <ja...@wificom.com> on 2004/08/05 11:21:38 UTC

RPM Task fails

Hi I was wondering has anybody come across this issue.

I'm using the RPM task in ant and recently migrated my old Redhat 7.3
installation to Fedora Core 2. The RPM tasks no longer seem work. The
task itself displays the following:

 <rpm specFile="sabserver-3p.spec"
         topDir="${build.sabserver-3p.dir}"/>

     [rpm] -bb: unknown option
     [rpm] Building the RPM based on the sabserver-3p.spec

RH 7.3:      RPM version 4.0.4
Fedora C2: RPM version 4.3.1

Everything works fine under RH 7.3 but not so under Fedora. Has anyone
had any similar issues.

--
James Cooper
Senior Software Engineer, Wificom Technologies Ltd

Re: RPM Task fails

Posted by Johan Vromans CPWR <jo...@nl.compuware.com>.
James Cooper wrote:
> <rpm specFile="sabserver-3p.spec"
>         topDir="${build.sabserver-3p.dir}"/>
>
>     [rpm] -bb: unknown option
>     [rpm] Building the RPM based on the sabserver-3p.spec

On older Red Hat systems (up to 7.2, I think) rpm was one executable used for
building and installing.
Newer Red Hat systems, and Fedora, have two separate utilities: rpmbuild (for
building) and rpm (for installing).
Apparently, the rpm task executes the rpm program, that is no longer capable of
handling builds, hence it does not recognize the -bb option.

-- Johan

Re: RPM Task fails

Posted by Nicolas Mailhot <Ni...@laPoste.net>.
On jeu, 2004-08-05 at 12:21 +0300, James Cooper wrote:
> Hi I was wondering has anybody come across this issue.
>
> I'm using the RPM task in ant and recently migrated my old Redhat 7.3
> installation to Fedora Core 2. The RPM tasks no longer seem work. The
> task itself displays the following:
>
>  <rpm specFile="sabserver-3p.spec"
>          topDir="${build.sabserver-3p.dir}"/>
>
>      [rpm] -bb: unknown option
>      [rpm] Building the RPM based on the sabserver-3p.spec
>
> RH 7.3:      RPM version 4.0.4
> Fedora C2: RPM version 4.3.1
>
> Everything works fine under RH 7.3 but not so under Fedora. Has anyone
> had any similar issues.

Just use exec with rpmbuild directly

Cheers,

--