Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by GroovieMan <ch...@gmx.de> on 2008/09/24 18:17:11 UTC

Togabo Docs ... where ?? What happened to the tobago-tutorial.html page

Dear Sirs,

i am going to use tobago Taglib for my software project.
As a newbee in this fields i am happy for any help i can
get from the net.

Google showed me, that there is/was a tutorial-Page on:

&nbsp; myfaces.apache.org/tobago/docbook/tobago-tutorial.html

but it is not there anymore.

I would appreciate it to have a documentation, that gives a
short introduction to the tag model of tobago and how these
tags are assembled.

The demo-page looks very promising:
  http://tobago.atanion.net/tobago-example-demo/

but a reverse eneneering by the code to understand the
way it is working is really not suitable, does it ?

Thanks for any help
Groovy

RE: Togabo Docs ... where ?? What happened to the tobago-tutorial.html page

Posted by Arvid Hülsebus <ar...@atanion.com>.
Hello

We had to put the tutorial down, because finally the book "The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets" was released. There were some misunderstandings regarding the release process and it took pretty long until the book reached the printer, therefore we decided to put the content of the Tobago chapter online instead of losing the work.

To compensate this loss we started to put new documentation online. See

http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/guide.html

Unfortunately this is just a start. So please bear with us until we polish it up and fill it with more information.

BTW, to get a feeling on how pages are composed you can use the "View Source" button in the footer of the demo.

If you start to develop Tobago applications make sure you configure the Tobago TLDs in your IDE to get context help for the tags right in the editor.

Best regards
Arvid

P.S.: Since your email address belongs to a German domain you might be interested in the following iX tutorial, which contains an introduction to JSF and Tobago.

http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/2006/06/156/