Posted to doxia-users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2009/01/15 17:03:42 UTC

APT into HTML without sidebar/header/footer

Hi,

I have some documents authored in APT that get bundled with the
project web site when doing "mvn site". This transforms the APTs into
separate HTML files, but each one has a copy of the site's sidebar,
header, and footer. This is fine when viewing the document as part of
the site, but if I want to, say, email one of the documents to an
outside party, it will include this extraneous information that they
don't want to see. So, I need to generate a version of the HTML
without all the site-specific stuff. What's the best way to do this?
Will I have to write a script to invoke doxia-converter or aptconvert
explicitly? If so, how would I integrate that script into the Maven
project? Thanks,

Trevor

Re: APT into HTML without sidebar/header/footer

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The best way is to create a skin [1] with a new Velocity file [2].

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://maven.apache.org/skins/
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/creatingskins.html