Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Scooter <Sc...@ScootersSolutions.com> on 2005/02/04 20:33:33 UTC

Attempting to Un-Subscribe/Send to diff email addie

Ok Kids, What is the alternative process for unsubscribing to this
list??  Apparently, as I am running James on a DSL line it is dynamic,
therefore blocked by default.  Interesting how the mailet checks when
unsubscribing, yet not when subscribing (Jan 18, 2005).  See attached
James response...

Thanks in Advance!
Scooter

Hi. This is the James mail server at brine.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  Below
I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to deliver
your message.

Remote mail server told me: 550 Dynamic IP Address See: http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml

RE: Attempting to Un-Subscribe/Send to diff email addie

Posted by Silvio Bierman <sb...@jambo-software.com>.
Serge,

Thanks for the reply. I am affraid I did not express my problem very well. I
am running my own James mail server and have created some mailing lists on
it, since the documentation said that this was possible.

I told some people (developers) to subscribe and some toher people (users)
to send issues to the lists. All seemed to work at first but after a few
days James suddenly started generating thousands of messages for all
subscribers. The mails where about some reply (to a non-member) not being
deliverable.

James completely collapses while still generating new mails. I have to kill
it (through telnet) and restart the server to be able to send/receive mail
again. Obviously I first clear all the mailboxes because we are not
interested in the error mails.

Regards,

Silvio Bierman

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
This is something specific to the rules of the ASF's (apache software
foundation) email setup, meaning, the guys who run the ASF's mail server
are blocking dynamic IP addresses.

I assume they're not the only one, so if your issue is unsubscribing, I

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501