Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Matthew Geis <ma...@instill.com> on 2000/11/01 17:49:41 UTC

a couple questions

Hi,
I'm new to the list, and wanted to throw a couple questions out there...

1.  Is there any traffic at all on this list?  Most everything I see coming
in to me (and in the web archives) is for the soap-user list, not soap-dev.

2.  Has anyone stepped up to tackle the JavaMail integration for the
SMTPHTTP bridge (it's there on the TODO list)?  If not, I'm volunteering.
If anyone else has made or is making efforts in this direction, please let
me know.

3.  Something else I noticed was that in the SMTPQuote example, the client
grabs the *first* new email it sees in the folder it's monitoring.  The
problem with this is twofold.
    a.  It may end up grabbing a request, instead of a response.
    b.  It may grab a response for a different request.

I'm proposing to fix this so that a SOAP request over SMTP carries a unique
identifier (I was going to put it in the subject -- any objections?).  The
SMTP bridge would take the request, and return a reply with that same unique
id.  That way, the client can poll the server for new emails, but only
retrieve the response which matches the original request.

Thanks,
Matt