Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Elliott <Ho...@vtvLearning.com> on 2001/08/30 15:41:23 UTC

Catalina New Features: Startup as root

Sorry if this has been answered but checking the archives I did not find
anything.

The following is from the release notes for 4.0b7
---------------------
Catalina New Features:
---------------------

Connectors - Refactored the startup code so that Catalina can run on port 80
(without being root) when started by JavaService or equivalent service
managers.
---------------------

Anyone got this to work via inetd?  Don't mean to be stupid but I have no
idea what *JavaService or equivalent* is.....<8(

//*
Steven Elliott      <HoT@vtvLearning.com
Head of Technology
VTV Learning Corporation
         Los Angeles  -  Boston  -  Lisbon
        (http://www.vtvLearning.com/)

Re: Catalina New Features: Startup as root

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Steven Elliott wrote:

> Sorry if this has been answered but checking the archives I did not find
> anything.
>
> The following is from the release notes for 4.0b7
> Catalina New Features:
>
> Connectors - Refactored the startup code so that Catalina can run on port 80
> (without being root) when started by JavaService or equivalent service
> managers.
>
> Anyone got this to work via inetd?  Don't mean to be stupid but I have no
> idea what *JavaService or equivalent* is.....<8(

jakarta-tomcat-service?