Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Aaron Mackley <Aa...@dtint.com> on 2010/09/03 23:47:53 UTC

insert .reg files

Is there a simply way to "execute" a .reg file using ANT. I understand
there is a plugin called orangevolt that allows one to edit the
registry. I only want to install a .reg file.

Aaron Mackley   |  QA Engineering  |  Digital Technology International
| 801-853-5000  |  aaron.mackley@dtint.com
<ma...@dtint.com>

Transform profitably with our new Targeted Audience Solutions and DTI
Cloud. Get started at www.dtint.com
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\amackley\Application%20Data\Micro
soft\Signatures\www.dtint.com> .

RE: insert .reg files

Posted by Aaron Mackley <Aa...@dtint.com>.
I found the solution. I needed to enter the cmd and then the reg path.

Of course I also need to make not require confirmation, but that's fairly simple.

		<exec executable="cmd ${cacheSource.dir}\odbcCacheInstrINI.reg"/>

Aaron Mackley   |  QA Engineering  |  Digital Technology International   | 801-853-5000  |  aaron.mackley@dtint.com
Transform profitably with our new Targeted Audience Solutions and DTI Cloud. Get started at www.dtint.com.

From: Aaron Mackley <Aa...@dtint.com>
Subject: insert .reg files
To: user@ant.apache.org
Date: Friday, September 3, 2010, 2:47 PM

Cloud. Get started at www.dtint.com

RE: insert .reg files

Posted by Aaron Mackley <Aa...@dtint.com>.
Yep. Found it.

Thanks you very much.

On Fri 2010-09-03 at 17:27h, Aaron Mackley wrote on user:
:
> I had thought so as well, but it returned this error:
>
> C:\Ant\cacheInstall.xml:116: Execute failed: java.io.IOException:
Cannot run pro
> gram "appInstallers\CacheODBCDriver\odbcCacheInstrINI.reg":
CreateProcess error=
> 193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application,

You should run

    regedit.exe /s foo.reg

or

    reg.exe import foo.reg