Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Marios Sofocleous/IT/CREDITSAFE <Ma...@creditsafe.com> on 2017/07/22 03:15:03 UTC

geode - stored procedures

Hi Markito,

Here in Creditsafe we are planning to lift oracles stored procedures up to the geode cluster running as Functions.
Could you please assists us by providing best practices , or any demo related to this.
If you are not aware of this particular application , I would appreciate it you can provide any contact details of somebody
might experience on running SP on cluster.

Thanks
Marios
Notes:
Terms and Conditions: 'All quotes, offers, contracts and agreements verbal or written are subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions as displayed on our website www.creditsafeuk.com and detailed in the Order Confirmation, quotation or invoice. Nothing in this correspondence shall be taken to vary our standard Terms and Conditions unless written confirmation is received from a Senior Creditsafe Director or the UK & Ireland Legal Manager'

Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Creditsafe. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Please Note: Telephone calls and Emails may be recorded or monitored and used for training and quality control purposes. Creditsafe reserve the right to use these recordings to aid the resolution of any disputes that may arise.

Creditsafe Registered name: Creditsafe Business Solutions Limited. Registered in Wales: Company Number 03836192. Registered Address: Bryn House, Caerphilly Business Park, Van Road, Caerphilly,
CF83 3GG.

Re: geode - stored procedures

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.org>.
Hi there Marios,

Just to clarify, when you say "life oracle stored procedures up to the
geode cluster", you mean that you are going to look at the functionality
that each SP provided and code that up into a Geode Java Function code.

As for best practices, have you looked at the following documentation?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Function+Best+Practices+in+Geode

https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/11/developing/function_exec/chapter_overview.html

The community would be more than happy to answer questions related to
function execution.

--Udo