Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by SE...@homedepot.com on 2015/07/01 16:28:58 UTC

RE: How to measure disk space used by a keyspace?

That’s ok for a single node, but to answer the question, “how big is my table across the cluster?” it would be much better if the cluster could provide an answer.

Sean Durity

Posted by Jan <cn...@yahoo.com>.
nodetool cfstats
would be your best bet.   Sum all the column families info.,  within a keyspace to get to the number you are looking for.
Jan/

     On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 9:05 AM, graham sanderson <gr...@vast.com> wrote:

 If you are pushing metric data to graphite, there is
org.apache.cassandra.metrics.keyspace.<keyspace_name>.LiveDiskSpaceUsed.value
… for each node; Easy enough to graph the sum across machines.
Metrics/JMX are tied together in C*, so there is an equivalent value exposed via JMX… I don’t know what it is called off the top of my head, but would be something similar to the above.

That’s ok for a single node, but to answer the question, “how big is my table across the cluster?” it would be much better if the cluster could provide an answer. Sean Durity From: Jonathan Haddad [mailto:jon@jonhaddad.com]
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 8:15 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: How to measure disk space used by a keyspace?  If you're looking to measure actual disk space, I'd use the du command, assuming you're on a linux: http://linuxconfig.org/du-1-manual-page  On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:26 AM shahab <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Posted by graham sanderson <gr...@vast.com>.