Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Voronetskyy <ye...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/14 22:50:16 UTC

PatternValidator for file name

Hello,

I'm neophyte of Wicket...

I'am using PatternValidator to test file name in the upload component.
I wrote the code :

 private class FileUploadForm extends Form
    {
        private FileUploadField fileUploadField;
        public FileUploadForm(String name)
        {
            super(name);
            setMultiPart(true);

            add(fileUploadField = new FileUploadField("fileInput"));

            fileUploadField.add(new
PatternValidator(Pattern.compile("^*.JPG$")));
        }
// some  code
}

When submiting form with any file name, like 'D:\foto\alena.JPG' that
matches my mask "^*.JPG$", I have a message that my file name is not
matching the mask.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my code.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Yevgen.

Re: PatternValidator for file name

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
the modelobject of fileuploadfield is of type FileUpload not the filename
string, so you cant use a validator that expects a string.

you should do this check in your onsubmit handler.

-igor