Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/07/29 14:54:33 UTC

roller account

Hi.

I just got my roller account, and will prepare a blog about developing
within the AOO community. Does one of the AOO blog admin also need to do
something ?

It seems I can do "new entry" on our blog, but before I do something wrong
(like publish an entry before it has been reviewed), is there any wise
words I should read or can anyone give me a couple of things not to do :-)

thanks in advance.
rgds
jan I.

Re: roller account

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On Jul 29, 2013 7:49 PM, "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 07/29/2013 02:54 PM, schrieb janI:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I just got my roller account, and will prepare a blog about developing
>> within the AOO community. Does one of the AOO blog admin also need to do
>> something ?
>>
>> It seems I can do "new entry" on our blog, but before I do something
wrong
>> (like publish an entry before it has been reviewed), is there any wise
>> words I should read or can anyone give me a couple of things not to do
:-)

> Your account was setup for AOO and you should now be able to write to the
blog.

thx jfarrel told me.

Rob@ thx for the advice, I hope you will be asmong those that review my
first aoo blog.

rgds
jan i

Re: roller account

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: roller account

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just got my roller account, and will prepare a blog about developing
> within the AOO community. Does one of the AOO blog admin also need to do
> something ?
>
> It seems I can do "new entry" on our blog, but before I do something wrong
> (like publish an entry before it has been reviewed), is there any wise
> words I should read or can anyone give me a couple of things not to do :-)

It is always safe to "save as draft" or "full preview", but don't
click "post to weblog" until you are ready.

The URL of the blog post appears to be fixed the first time you save
the draft.  It is formed based on the title, but you can override it,
until you do the first save.  So if you care about the URL then review
that before saving for the first time.  A good name has some small SEO
advantage.

The other trick I know is to share a draft on the list.  If you copy
the URL that shows up when you do a preview, it looks like this:

https://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=foo

If you share that URL no one can see it unless they are also blog editors.

But if you remove that central "roller-ui/authoring" section then
anyone can read that URL, e.g.:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=foo

I'd avoid pasting in content from AOO directly, since that brings over
the AOO formatting, or at least attempts to do so and that is messy.
But if you first paste into a plain text editor and then paste into
Roller it is fine.

-Rob