Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2005/04/14 09:59:31 UTC

WAR file deploys without sitemap.xmap files?

I have just run a Cocoon build on a new machine, using:
Cocoon 2.1.5.1, Tomcat 4.1.31 and Java 1.4.2
When I access Cocoon via the Jetty servlet all is well;
however, when I drop the war file into Tomcat and
restart it, the error message:
'Resource not found:
requested resource "/cocoon/" could not be found'
is displayed in the browser.

On further investigation, it seems as though no sitemap.xmap
files (at all!) are in the Cocoon directory (and subdirectories)
as deployed under Tomcat.

Why does this happen?  And how do I solve it (short of copying
in all the files by hand, of course ;-)

Thanks
Derek

Re: WAR file deploys without sitemap.xmap files?

Posted by "Volkm@r" <pl...@arcor.de>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> I have just run a Cocoon build on a new machine, using:
> Cocoon 2.1.5.1, Tomcat 4.1.31 and Java 1.4.2
> When I access Cocoon via the Jetty servlet all is well;
> however, when I drop the war file into Tomcat and
> restart it, the error message:
> 'Resource not found:
> requested resource "/cocoon/" could not be found'
> is displayed in the browser.
>
> On further investigation, it seems as though no sitemap.xmap
> files (at all!) are in the Cocoon directory (and subdirectories)
> [...]

Did the war file contain a sitemap.xmap *before* dropping it into
Tomcat's webapp directory?
Has the war file been extracted after restart of Tomcat?

--
Volkm@r