Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by 刘睿 <pn...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 10:24:21 UTC

Clustering ServiceMix without ActiveMQ

Hi everyone, our group is working on running ServiceMix on Websphere.
We need to clustering ServiceMix containers with each other inside
WebSphere. Some folks of my group is planning to detach ActiveMQ from
ServiceMix, and then connect all ServiceMix instances to a pre-configured
ActiveMQ cluster, but I'm worry about that it will effect load balancing
of ServiceMix cluster while it is based on message exchange of JMSFlow.
Could anyone give us some advice that whether we can construct a ServiceMix
cluster and a ActiveMQ cluster separately and connect them with each other?
Thanks a lot!
Rui  Liu

Re: Clustering ServiceMix without ActiveMQ

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
ServiceMix 4 has a new clustering engine.
Adrian Trenaman has blogged about it a few days ago:
http://trenaman.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-jms-flow-in-servicemix-4.html
This new engine should allow the use of any JMS compliant broker to be used.

The JMS flow in ServiceMix 3 has lots of drawbacks (scalability,
performances...) and is relying on some ActiveMQ specific features
(though we also have a Tibco one that can be used too).  I would
really encourage you to look at ServiceMix 4 ...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet