Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by John Wubbel <wu...@securitydirector.com> on 2005/09/19 14:55:20 UTC

control.Maximize

We have a portlet implemented using Velocity and an appropriate
controller. The content is a basic form to be filled in by the user. The
user has filled in part of the form in the portlet. If the user
Maximizes the portlet, the window state changes and of course
buildNormalContext is called. Now realizing we can override
buildMaximizeContext method we find that upon invocation of Maximize no
content from the client is returned getContentLength returns zero.
Realizing of course this is not the same thing as a input button press.
As a conseqence though we are not able to simply present the same form
with its data after the window goes to max. We really have no need to
customize content on a Maximize state change. But is there a way to send
the content on a request so it can be turned around and rendered on the
response without starting over with a blank form? Is there some we need
to do differently in the Velocity Template perhaps? TIA for the help.

--

John

Re: control.Maximize

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
El lun, 19-09-2005 a las 08:55 -0400, John Wubbel escribió:
> We have a portlet implemented using Velocity and an appropriate
> controller. The content is a basic form to be filled in by the user. The
> user has filled in part of the form in the portlet. If the user
> Maximizes the portlet, the window state changes and of course
> buildNormalContext is called. Now realizing we can override
> buildMaximizeContext method we find that upon invocation of Maximize no
> content from the client is returned getContentLength returns zero.
> Realizing of course this is not the same thing as a input button press.
> As a conseqence though we are not able to simply present the same form
> with its data after the window goes to max. We really have no need to
> customize content on a Maximize state change. But is there a way to send
> the content on a request so it can be turned around and rendered on the
> response without starting over with a blank form? Is there some we need
> to do differently in the Velocity Template perhaps? TIA for the help.

Currently the window actions are fully dealt with by the layout
component. It has no way to know which part of the portlet state needs
to be saved in cases where no request has arrived to the server.

I don't think this can be done while remaining compatible to the
standard, as a half filled form content can only be retrieved by a
submit action in this same form.

Regards
Santiago
--