Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Geeringh <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/08 11:29:20 UTC

Range faceting or grouping on a String or count(field)

I'm trying to achieve something I thought was relatively simple. "Range
faceting" on a String, or count(String). I understand range faceting on a
string isn't possible as per the docs, but is there any way to achieve
something 'like' this functionality.

Consider a document with the field "brand", I want to get the number of
hits for "brand" per user supplied interval gap over a date range.

Something like this in the output for interval gap of +1MONTH:

2013-01
   coke: 20
   pepsi: 5
   fanta: 5

2013-02
   coke: 10
   pepsi: 50
   fanta: 1

What are the suggestions to achieve something like this?

Cheers,
Chris