Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by suviswan <su...@cisco.com> on 2004/02/17 15:31:11 UTC

Error during tomcat 4.1.29 startup

Hi Team
         I am getting this exception when i trying to evaluate Tomcat 4.1.29
for our product.

################
Exception during startup processing
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.getModelerSource(Registry.java:10
05)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.load(Registry.java:818)
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:931
)
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findManagedBean(Registry.java:719
)
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findManagedBean(Registry.java:104
7)
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.registerComponent(Registry.java:8
59)
        at
org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.registerComponent(Registry.java:3
46)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.start(CoyoteConnector.java:
1201)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
06)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:219
0)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.comm
ons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurati
onException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not
implemen
t Log
 #####################

I understand this is something related to commons-logging and some class
loader issue. But not able to overcome this.

Please let me know what to solve this.

Thanks
Surendra

TEST

Posted by Pete Stokes <st...@quinn-direct.com>.
TEST

sorry bout this - new spam filter is blocking me!

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Error during tomcat 4.1.29 startup

Posted by Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fi...@terra.es>.
And why are you playing with tomcat startup classpath? It should be fine
out of the box.

Posted by Stefano Rebollini <re...@technisub.com>.