Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2001/08/01 02:22:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/services ServiceException.javaServiceRuntimeException.java

"Kasper Nielsen" <ne...@kav.dk> writes:

> I was thinking of putting it somewhere in commons? But its only 2 (right
> now) abstract classes so where should it go?
>
> JDK 1.4 is including arbitary nesting of exceptions directly in Throwable,
> so we might think of deprecating some of the methods so its easier to
> migrate once it is time.

It's too soon, but this would be a good idea somewhere down the road.

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-turbine/src/java/org/apache/turbine/services ServiceException.javaServiceRuntimeException.java

Posted by Kasper Nielsen <ne...@kav.dk>.
ServiceException.javaServiceRuntimeException.java

> "Kasper Nielsen" <ne...@kav.dk> writes:
>
> > I was thinking of putting it somewhere in commons? But its only 2 (right
> > now) abstract classes so where should it go?
> >
> > JDK 1.4 is including arbitary nesting of exceptions directly in
Throwable,
> > so we might think of deprecating some of the methods so its easier to
> > migrate once it is time.
>
> It's too soon, but this would be a good idea somewhere down the road.

Im not saying we should convert to 1.4, im just saying that the interface
should be the same, so we won't have any trouble converting when that time
comes.

- Kasper