Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@benanderson.us> on 2004/10/12 20:04:29 UTC

maven -u [undocumented goals]

Hi all,
Hopefully this is an easy question - I just can't find the answer anywhere.
When I do:
maven -u

I get:
Undocumented goals :
  [list of all my goals]

This leads me to believe that there's a way to document my custom goals.  Is
this true?  I need other developers to be able to understand how the goals
should be used.  Or should I just create another custom goal that spits out
this info?

Thanks,
Ben

maven -u [undocumented goals]

Re: maven -u [undocumented goals]

Posted by Erik Husby <mh...@broad.mit.edu>.
Ben Anderson wrote:

>Hi all,
>Hopefully this is an easy question - I just can't find the answer anywhere.
>When I do:
>maven -u
>
>I get:
>Undocumented goals :
>  [list of all my goals]
>
>This leads me to believe that there's a way to document my custom goals.  Is
>this true?  I need other developers to be able to understand how the goals
>should be used.  Or should I just create another custom goal that spits out
>this info?

Make use of the description attribute on the goal

<goal name="mygoal" description="Description of this goal">

Then the "maven --usage" command will list your goals with the description.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation