Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Renuka Be <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/31 07:43:42 UTC

Regarding query in HiveResultSet

Hi Folks,

I want to find Max value from the HiveResult. There is option listed in
HiveResultSet properties "HiveResultSet.Max()". When i use this
'HiveResultSet.Max()' it throws exception.

Error : At least one object must implement IComparable.

Is there any way to find Min, Max from the HiveResultSet?

Thanks,
Renuka N.

Re: Regarding query in HiveResultSet

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
why don't you get those as result of query results instead of iterating
through all on c# side?
your query can directly provide min and max

is there is a specific thing which is blocking you from getting from hive
and do it on application side?

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Regarding query in HiveResultSet