Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Troy Hawkins <th...@purdue.edu> on 2006/09/11 16:44:05 UTC

nutch executing cgi scripts coded into links

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to get Nutch to spider through links to
cgi queries (i.e., execute a hard-coded link to a cgi script - not
linked to a form). Much of the data in the pages I would like to index
is accessed this way. I am a novice at this and would appreciate any
advice/help that any of you can offer.

Thanks very much in advance!

Troy Hawkins

Re: nutch executing cgi scripts coded into links

Posted by Jim Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
In the file:

%NUTCH_DIR%/conf/crawl-urlfilter.txt

Find the lines reading:

# skip URLs containing certain characters as probable queries, etc.
-[?*!@=]

Removing the '=' and '?' characters in the above should solve the prblem.
The new lines would look like this:

# skip URLs containing certain characters as probable queries, etc.
-[*!@]

You could also try removing this line in whole, or just add a '#' character
to the beginning to comment out the rule.

-- Jim