Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geert Vandensteen <ge...@ibsolutions.be> on 2001/05/07 09:33:21 UTC

tomcat starts taking full CPU

Hi,

we have a problem with our tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.12.  (JDK 1.3.0_02 on
Redhat 6.2)
After about a day of operation, a couple of processes of tomcat start taking
full CPU (for example, 4 processes at more or less 25% each, or 2 processes
at more or less 50%). This is without tomcat even being used (the servlets
and jsp pages are not being called).
If tomcat is shut down, a couple of processes of Apache start taking full
CPU immediately (as with tomcat).
When restarting Apache, everything goes back to normal.

Could someone have an idea what the problem is here ??

Thx.

Geert.