Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/15 09:09:50 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Heading to graduation

With the ServiceComb java-chassis 1.0.0-incubating and service-center
1.0.0-incubating release officially out.
We believe it is time to discuss what requirements remains to consider
graduation to the TLP.

I just updated the ServiceComb Project Status for it:

http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/

Apache ServiceComb entered incubation in November of 2017, ServiceComb
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways.
Now we are a very helpful and engaged community, ready to help on all
questions from the ServiceComb Community.
We are making consensus decisions through the discussion in the mailing
list and voted 3 new committers.
We managed delivered three round released include 5 different binary
release, now we can do self-driving releases in good cadence.

Please check out the maturity assessment doc[1] for more information.

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SERVICECOMB/Apache+Maturity+
Model+Assessment+for+ServiceComb

Any thoughts? And welcome advice from ServiceComb Mentors?

Regards,

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by zhongyuan zhou <zh...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! As a newbie in open source, I am impressed with the progress of
ServiceComb.

wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com> 于2018年8月30日周四 上午9:14写道:

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Ju <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

回复: [DISCUSS] Heading to graduation

Posted by bismy <bi...@qq.com>.

Posted by Kirin Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for trust of the team.
I'd happy to be the PMC Chair of ServiceComb.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by wjm wjm <zz...@gmail.com>.
+1

郑扬勇 <34...@qq.com> 于2018年9月4日周二 上午10:54写道:

Posted by 郑扬勇 <34...@qq.com>.
+1

Posted by bismy <bi...@qq.com>.

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.
FYI, To the ServiceComb trademark transferring, the  donor counsel has sent
the transferring contract to Brand VP, and waiting for replying.

Best Regards,
---

Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com> 于2018年9月11日周二 下午2:40写道:

答复: [DISCUSS] Heading to graduation

Posted by YangYongZheng <34...@qq.com>.
Really good news : )

Best Regards!
YangYongZheng

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, the team page is updated.
For the Apache member, you can find the official servicecomb roster here[1]l

[1]https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/servicecomb

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Zen Lin <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Bin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1, ServiceComb is healthily and rapidly growing: )

Best Wishes & Regards
-------------------------------
Mabin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> 于2018年9月4日周二 下午7:55写道:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Heading to graduation

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Willem,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

答复: [DISCUSS] Heading to graduation

Posted by YangYongZheng <34...@qq.com>.
+1

As one of the committers of the Apache ServiceComb project invited by willem, I am so glad to hear that ServiceComb is finally approaching graduation.

I am not the initial committers but so interested in microservice, also not good at writing Java, thanks for the good team atmosphere, I can get a lot of help from willem, wjm and other people. I still remember that when implementing metrics feature, the desgin contains many bad smell and they continue to give me a lot of advice until do it right way.

I also have learned what's the Apache Way and how to follow it, these valuable experience have been written into an article(http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/cn/docs/how-to-grow-up-to-be-an-apache-committer/) in order to share it(this article is written in chinese), and I am so proud of being part of the ServiceComb open source community.

Best Regards!
YangYongZheng