Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bryan Keller <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/18 00:48:56 UTC

Max region file size

Is the max region file size the size of the data uncompressed or the max size of the store file? I noticed my store files are ~2.1 gb though I have the max region size set to 4 gb. This is after a major compaction. Also, is the max region size 4 gb in HBase 0.90.4 or can it be larger? The docs say 4 gb but I wanted to confirm that.

Re: Max region file size

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Bryan, if you're on 0.90.x the advice is to not go above 4gb regions.  The
Hfilev2 format is in 0.92 which better supports larger regions.

Re: Max region file size

Posted by Mikael Sitruk <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan

Re: Max region file size