Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2005/06/07 15:22:29 UTC

LDAP futures

So does http://directory.apache.org/ mean that soon we'll be able to
stop using OpenLDAP, Microsoft, and/or iPlanet LDAP SDKs to build
mod_auth_ldap?

Also, does http://penrose.safehaus.org/ mean that we'll have a free
means of making multiple LDAPs look like one (for use with Apache 2.0.x
and 1.3.x which don't support multiple AAA providers for a single resource)?

--
Jess Holle

Re: LDAP futures

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Jess Holle wrote:

> So does http://directory.apache.org/ mean that soon we'll be able to
> stop using OpenLDAP, Microsoft, and/or iPlanet LDAP SDKs to build
> mod_auth_ldap?

My understanding is no - the SDKs are client libraries, while
directory.apache.org is an LDAP server.

You will be able to use mod_auth_ldap (plus OpenLDAP/MS/iPlanet) to
connect Apache DS.

> Also, does http://penrose.safehaus.org/ mean that we'll have a free
> means of making multiple LDAPs look like one (for use with Apache 2.0.x
> and 1.3.x which don't support multiple AAA providers for a single
> resource)?

Very likely yes.

Regards,
Graham