Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> on 2015/07/24 15:49:54 UTC

Help need with Karaf 4.0.0 + CXF 3.1.1

Hello,

I'm currently trying to develop a REST API using Karaf 4.0.0 and CXF 3.1.1
but upon startup I get this error :

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/Priority

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.AnnotationUtils.getBindingPriority(AnnotationUtils.java:85)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.ProviderFactory.getFilterPriority(ProviderFactory.java:1172)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.ProviderFactory$BindingPriorityComparator.compare(ProviderFactory.java:1031)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.ProviderFactory$BindingPriorityComparator.compare(ProviderFactory.java:1021)

at java.util.TimSort.countRunAndMakeAscending(TimSort.java:324)[:1.7.0_79]

at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:189)[:1.7.0_79]

at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:173)[:1.7.0_79]

at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:659)[:1.7.0_79]

at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:217)[:1.7.0_79]

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.ServerProviderFactory.setProviders(ServerProviderFactory.java:247)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.ProviderFactory.setUserProviders(ProviderFactory.java:753)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.setupFactory(AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.java:332)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.setupFactory(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:237)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:182)

at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.init(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:142)

which seems very similar to the issue reported here :

https://github.com/hstaudacher/osgi-jax-rs-connector/issues/77

Except that I'm not using JDK 8 but JDK 7

However I'm seing something really strange with the framework bundle. If I
look at the web console for my bundle I see the following imports :

javax.annotation,version=1.0.0 from org.apache.felix.framework (0)
<http://localhost:8181/system/console/bundles/0>
javax.annotation,version=1.2.0 from org.apache.felix.framework (0)
<http://localhost:8181/system/console/bundles/0>

whereas on the felix.framework bundle I see this :

javax.annotation,version=1.0.0
javax.annotation,version=1.2.0

however in Karaf's jre.properties I do only see the following for jre-1.7 :

jre-1.7= \
 javax.accessibility, \
 javax.activation;version="1.1", \
 javax.activity, \
 javax.annotation;version="1.0", \
 javax.annotation.processing;version="1.0", \

what's going on where is the 1.2 version coming from ? Even in Felix's
default.properties file all I could find was the following :

jre-1.7=, \
 javax.accessibility;uses:="javax.swing.text";version="0.0.0.1_007_JavaSE", \
 javax.activation;version="0.0.0.1_007_JavaSE", \
 javax.activity;version="0.0.0.1_007_JavaSE", \
 javax.annotation.processing;uses:="javax.tools,javax.lang.model,javax.lang.model.element,javax.lang.model.util";version="0.0.0.1_007_JavaSE",
\
 javax.annotation;version="0.0.0.1_007_JavaSE", \

any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm really at a loss here. If it
helps here is the list of features I have installed :

<bootFeatures>
    <feature>shell</feature>
    <feature>ssh</feature>
    <feature>management</feature>
    <feature>bundle</feature>
    <feature>config</feature>
    <feature>deployer</feature>
    <feature>diagnostic</feature>
    <feature>instance</feature>
    <feature>kar</feature>
    <feature>feature</feature>
    <feature>log</feature>
    <feature>package</feature>
    <feature>service</feature>
    <feature>system</feature>
    <feature>scheduler</feature>
    <feature>webconsole</feature>
    <feature>cxf</feature>
    <feature>checker-feature</feature>
</bootFeatures>

(the checker-feature is my application)

cheers,
  Serge...

- -- --- -----=[ shuber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
CTO & Co-founder - Jahia Solutions Group, 9 Routes de Jeunes, 1227 Acacias,
Switzerland
twitter: @sergehuber <https://twitter.com/sergehuber>

Jahia is a leading open source User eXperience Platform (UXP) vendor,
relentlessly working at transforming a siloed industry into a user-driven
one, beyond technology constraints - http://www.jahia.com

Re: Help need with Karaf 4.0.0 + CXF 3.1.1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's an open question (and we have a opened Jira about this).

I would say that javax.annotation* exports should be with 1.0, and
eventually add 1.2 by specific bundle.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Help need with Karaf 4.0.0 + CXF 3.1.1

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Serge,

depending on the distribution it might be.
K4 should export 1.0 as already mentioned, the JDK doesn't fully support
all of the classes of the 1.2 version
regards, Achim

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.