Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/17 02:54:52 UTC

[DOC] Hypervisor support in 4.0: documentation question

I have noticed discussion on the list about moving some hypervisor code to
the plugins directory. Please pardon me for not following all discussions
on dev- too closely, but I'm wondering how this affects documentation.

Are we supporting the 4 hypervisors KVM, Citrix XenServer, VMware, and OVM
in ACS 4.0? And if they are supported through plugin code, and not included
in the build by default do we need to say something explicit in each
hypervisor section about how to build in the support for the chosen
hypervisor?

Thanks,
Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs

Re: [DOC] Hypervisor support in 4.0: documentation question

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Jessica Tomechak
<je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have noticed discussion on the list about moving some hypervisor code to
> the plugins directory. Please pardon me for not following all discussions
> on dev- too closely, but I'm wondering how this affects documentation.
>
> Are we supporting the 4 hypervisors KVM, Citrix XenServer, VMware, and OVM
> in ACS 4.0? And if they are supported through plugin code, and not included
> in the build by default do we need to say something explicit in each
> hypervisor section about how to build in the support for the chosen
> hypervisor?

The default build includes support for KVM, Xen and OVM.  There is an
*optional* build flag that adds VMware support.

The *community* (i.e.: Wido) is going to provide both types of
packages: Apache compatible OSS dependencies only (we've been
referring to it as OSS), and then the full build that includes code
that works with the non-Apache compatible licensed dependencies (which
we've been calling the non-oss build).