Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/01/12 14:13:35 UTC

Source layouts (Re: cvs commit: ...IdGeneratorTransformer.java XPathTransformer.java)

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:22:57PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >>Jeff, must'nt that be in some other package hierarchy?
> >>
> >>src/java/
> >>        cocoon/
> >>               components/
> >>        ant/
> >>            tasks/
> >>
> >>We could move the scratchpad code into that structure, too. Kill the
> >>last remainder of the old directory layout.
> >

> >Just to confirm: create a src/java/ parallel to src/resources/? Sounds
> >good to me..
>
> yay!
>
> Suggestion:
>
> src/java/
>          org/apache/forrest/
>                             app/
>                                 component/
>                                           name
>
> like in:
>
> src/java/org/apache/forrest/cocoon/transformer/IdGeneratorTransformer.java

The transformers developed for Forrest so far (LinkRewriter, XPath,
IdGenerator) are all quite generic.  The most Forrest-specific,
LinkRewriter, has already been moved to Cocoon.  For that reason I prefer
an org.apache.cocoon.transformation package, as it is the least likely to
change.  These package names are all exposed in the sitemap, and will be
the subject of backwards-compat breaks if we alter them in the future.
In fact, even altering org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XPathTransformer
now would break custom sitemaps made since linkmaps were introduced.

> src/java/org/apache/forrest/ant/task/JeffsGreatFooBarTask.java

Anything below org.apache.forrest would be fine by me.

--Jeff

Re: Source layouts (Re: cvs commit: ...IdGeneratorTransformer.java XPathTransformer.java)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> The transformers developed for Forrest so far (LinkRewriter, XPath,
> IdGenerator) are all quite generic.  The most Forrest-specific,
> LinkRewriter, has already been moved to Cocoon.  For that reason I prefer
> an org.apache.cocoon.transformation package, as it is the least likely to
> change.  These package names are all exposed in the sitemap, and will be
> the subject of backwards-compat breaks if we alter them in the future.
> In fact, even altering org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XPathTransformer
> now would break custom sitemaps made since linkmaps were introduced.

OK.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org