Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2002/01/23 14:57:44 UTC

Re: Segmentation fault

Peter Chant wrote:

> I have got segmentation faults trying to run fop. I tried to recompile
> fop to see if this solved the problem, but it segmentation faulted
> during the build.
>
> I'm running linux, Slackware 8.0, JDK 1.3.1. The demo's that come with
> Jdk run fine.
>
> I have noted a comment about segmentation faults in the list archives
> for fop-dev, mentioning using glibc 2.2.4 rather than 2.2 with SuSe 7.1,
> is this likely to be the cure. I don't fancy upgrading glibc for the
> sake of it, as I've not tried it before and its a big problem if it goes
> wrong I beleive.

A simple temporary fix is 'ulimit -s 2048'
(works for me with SuSe 7.2 and JDK 1.3.1_01)

> Thanks
> -- Peter Chant pete@petezilla.co.uk

Christian

Re: Segmentation fault

Posted by Peter Chant <pe...@petezilla.co.uk>.
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, you wrote:

> > org/apache/log/format/Formatter
> > 	at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:16)
>

> Sounds like a classpath issue. Make sure you have
> avalon-framework-4.0.jar and logkit-1.0b4.jar included.

I added /usr/local/fop/lib to my classpath and it made no difference. (fop is
in /usr/local/lib).

> Have you thought about using ant ;-)

No idea what it is or how it works.  Any relation to dec?  (non-brits won't get
that) :-)

--
Peter Chant
pete@petezilla.co.uk

Re: Segmentation fault

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Peter Chant wrote:

> Hmm,  I added it in the shell script which runs fop but no joy,  mind you I
> am now not getting seg faults.  I upgraded slack to glibc 2.2.4.  With fop
> 0.20.3rc I now get:

> org/apache/log/format/Formatter
> 	at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:16)

Sounds like a classpath issue. Make sure you have
avalon-framework-4.0.jar and logkit-1.0b4.jar included.

> make: *** [directory.pdf] Error 1
>
> (Note, I am running fop from make to create a document directory.pdf).

Have you thought about using ant ;-)

> I have a fix for the moment, using fop 0.20.1.  I'm sure this is not a good
> long term fix, but at least it gets me running.

Christian

Re: Segmentation fault

Posted by Peter Chant <pe...@petezilla.co.uk>.